As a UNICEF Rights Respecting School, we create a rights respecting ethos in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child by:
1. Providing the highest possible standard of education for all in a happy, caring, safe and stimulating environment. (Article 24)
2. Ensuring that each child participates fully in a broad and balanced curriculum. (Article 28)
3. Encouraging each child to make the best use of their own individual abilities thus raising their self esteem and develop their self motivation. (Article 29)
4. Offering everyone an equal opportunity to learn and develop.
5. Preparing children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
6. Fostering close links with parents and the local community.
Duckmanton Primary is proud to be a UNICEF Gold Rights Respecting School